Church Safety Team Academy
P4 Security Training LLC. is invested in helping you create and train your Church Security Team. This article will introduce you to several concepts which will be discussed more fully in future articles/chapters. In this article, I will broadly discuss the following the rules for Church Safety Team personnel and sample policies and procedures. For each section, I will first give the sample policy or procedure and then discuss the information as if directly addressing members of the Church Safety Team.
Active Shooters and Lock-downs
- Introduce Key Terms Related to Attacks by an Active Shooter or Violent Intruder
- Describe How Your Church Can Implement Security Measures
- Inform You on What to Do
- Before an Attack by an Active Shooter
- During an Attack by an Active Shooter
- After an Attack by an Active Shooter
Safety Ministry Proposal
- To help you understand the role and function of a Church Safety Ministry
- To offer guidance on organizing and developing this church’s Safety Ministry
- To help you identify issues a new Church Safety Ministry might need to address
Fire Safety and Evacuations
- Fire Science
- Safety Inspections
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Response
- One and Two Person Carries
- Purpose: To help you gain an understanding of basic child protection procedures.
- Objectives: Prepare you to keep children in the Church safe.
- Audience: Safety Team, Greeters, Ushers, etc.
Use of Force Laws
- To introduce you to some of the legal considerations affecting church safety ministries
- To help you understand the legal responsibilities and limits of church Safety Team members
- To provide information that will help protect you and the church from criminal and civil liability